Tuesday, September 8, 2015

#onemoreforcopper

"Alone we can do so little, together we can do so much."
-Helen Keller

I would like to ask the OCR community for a favor, and anyone else who would like to participate. As many of you now know, I have been sidelined for the better part of this year by an illness with an unknown cause. All the treatments I've tried have failed; 7 rounds of antibiotics and 2 rounds of steroids.



I can't train, and that's the worst part.

I am asking for the community to add one additional mile to their training for me? I am feeling lost, uninspired and depressed. I have been an athlete my whole life and don't know what to do with myself when I can't be active. I am 10 weeks away from World's Toughest Mudder and I don't have any miles to show for it. My training has been simply battling for my health. This seems silly to ask, but I'd like to feel like I'm doing something. If I can inspire others to up their training by just one single mile, it will hopefully inspire me to take it one day at a time, stay positive and look towards World's Toughest Mudder.
How many miles can the community help me reach by WTM?

No comments:

Post a Comment